.Our New Little Princess.

As I am sure most of you know Lily has arrived!! :) Yay!! It came VERY unexpected too. As Aaron likes to begin the story, he got to drive really fast to the hospital in the middle of the night.

Friday was a busy day. We had a lot of running around to do in order to get everything ready for the club before Kyler's graduation that evening. It felt like we had a million things to do in a very short time. We had planned for the whole weekend to be dedicated to club stuff.

We made it just in time to Kyler's graduation at 4:15. According to Aaron, it wouldn't have hurt to be a little late since graduations tend to be a little long and boring. From what I hear, it wasn't as long and boring as most. So that part of the day was fairly uneventful.

Aaron's parents took us all out to dinner after wards to Ocean City for chinese food. I had been there once before and remember it being fairly good...not so much this time. Aaron got up halfway through the meal to get fresh air due to him not feeling very well. At the end of the meal, I started to feel the same way. So I went and got some air too and we left shortly after.

The ride home I started to feel some light contractions, but figured they were just braxton hicks and my body was teasing me again.

Aaron and I decided to watch a movie before going to bed that night. I was so tired I kept dosing off through out the whole movie. We ended up getting to bed at 11, which was clearly too late.

Right before midnight, I woke up screaming from a horrible dream in an immense amount of pain. It was so bad I could barely move. Aaron jumped out of bed and stated very firmly that we were going to the hospital. I laid in bed and continued to moan while telling him that the pain didn't feel like contractions. I told him I wanted to wait a minute and see if the pain went away. It seemed like right after I said that, the pain immediately got worse. I told him to grab me a warm shirt to wear. He walked in the closet and started asking me what shirt to grab. I had no idea what I had in there, so I got up to find one for myself. On my way to the closet, I got so cold I was shaking uncontrollably. I hurried and grabbed a shirt and climbed back in to bed. I begged Aaron to come and warm me up because of how cold I was and how bad I was shaking. As he held me, things seemed to get worse. I continued to shake and started to feel delirious. I was about ready to have him call 911, as we both thought it was an extreme case of food poisoning.

Aaron finally got me out to the car and we rushed to the hospital. I wasn't feeling as delirious, but I was still shaking pretty bad. This was definitely Aaron's favorite part of our labor story, due to the fact that he got to drive really fast to the hospital in the middle of the night...just like the movies.

When we got to the hospital we had to go in through the ER entrance. At that point I had thought my water had broken due to the pain and a small amount of leaking fluid. So Aaron ran in and got a wheelchair for me. We ran in to a nurse on the way in who took us up the back elevators to Labor and Delivery.

We got all checked in and they hooked me up to the monitors. To my surprise I was having contractions every 2 minutes. I didn't really feel them at all, but that's probably because I had been so focused on everything else going on with my body. I was hooked up the monitors for about 30 minutes before the nurse came back and said that the babies heart rate was staying at a steady 120 for too long and put this device up to my belly that made a loud noise and kind of vibrated. It made Lily jump and her heart rate went up for a second, but then went right back to where it was. The nurse left me to be monitored again for a little while. During that time I started to have a hard time breathing and my chest started to hurt. So they checked my oxygen levels and they were normal, but let me have some oxygen to help relax me. The oxygen ended up being my baby for the rest of my labor.

The nurse came back and told me she could not get a hold of Dr. Scharmann, but the on-call doctor had decided to admit me. I was somewhat hesitant because I knew that if they got a hold of Dr. Scharmann he would not want to admit me until I was at 4cm and I was only at 3cm. I asked the nurse if they could send me home once they admitted me and she said no way. So they got the IV in and got me in to a room.

They had come in and checked me a few times before the nurse came back and said they got a hold of Dr. Scharmann finally. He said that unless I was in active labor they would probably send me home. I got VERY upset and the nurses completely sympathized with me. My nurse told me she would be very generous when she checked me and try and fudge it as much as possible to say I was at 4cm. She checked me and I was at 3+cm. She called the on-call Dr. who said she wanted to come up and check me before they started pitocin to make sure I was ready to have this baby.

I guess that made my nurse nervous that they would send me home so she went and talked to the charge nurse. The charge nurse came barging in and asked if I minded if she checked me fairly vigorously. Of course I said yes. She stripped my membranes and stretched my cervix out as far as she could to get it to a 4. She told me that should get my contractions going better and that I was going to be having this baby. It made me feel so special that they were going through all this trouble because they knew how upset I was over the whole ordeal.

In the end, the Dr. came in and started pitocin before she even checked me!! I couldn't complain with that. She did end up checking me once they started the pitocin and I was at a 4. :) So there was the start of labor at about 5am...now to the fun part.

I progressed fairly quickly. My original guess was that I would be having this baby at about noon. I was at a 7 by about 9am. I told my Mom to get over there fairly quickly because of how fast my labor was progressing. I had sent Aaron downstairs to eat breakfast with his Dad while his Mom stayed with me because I knew it would be a while before he got to eat again. I started to feel pressure a little while after he left and had the nurse come check me. She said I was at a 9 and the baby had dropped. I called my Mom to see where they were at and they were just pulling up to the hospital. So I called Aaron and told him to get upstairs because I felt I was getting close. He said he was on his way up. Almost right after I hung up with him I started to feel A LOT more pressure and I knew what that meant. I waited to call the nurse because I didn't want to have this baby without my Mom and Aaron there. I called Aaron again and he said he was just finishing his food and would be up in a few minutes. I told him we didn't have a few minutes and to get up there now. I ended up calling the nurse in as soon as he and my Mom got in the room and sure enough I was at a 10 and ready to deliver!!

The delivery was a piece of cake!! 2 pushes and she was out. Aaron was pretty much in aw the whole time because it was so quick. First he saw the head come out and then she was here. He even got to cut the cord. :) That was fairly exciting for both of us. She ended up weighing 7lbs 3oz and was 19.5 inches long. She was born at 10:43 AM.

Once Lily was out they got her weighed and everything while the Dr. tried to deliver my placenta...which was somehow stuck to the uterus wall. I guess it is a fairly rare thing for this to happen. So 3 Dr.'s tried for over an hour to get it out before deciding to take me to the OR to do a DNC. So they got me all prepped and took me over to the OR. They drugged me up some more and drew my blood to do a cross match in case I needed a transfusion due to how much blood I had lost already.

It seemed as soon as I was in the OR and ready to go, my placenta decided to deliver itself. Nice timing, 'eh? So I got to go back to my room and recover for a bit before they moved me to my actual room I would be in for the remainder of my hospital stay. I was SO hungry I downed 3 cups of ice chips in less than 10 minutes. I was pretty cold after wards, but still slightly satisfied.

To make a SUPER long story a tad shorter...I ended up having to get a blood transfusion the next day due to my blood levels dropping so low. It was kind of weird, but I had no bad reactions and felt like a million bucks after they were done.

So now we are home, happy, and healthy. Lily is definitely a Daddy's girl and is his little princess. I have seen a side of Aaron I didn't even know existed these past couple of days. He is so good with her and can't seem to get enough of her. :)

I am sure I will post more about her later...but this post is long enough. :)
Powered by Blogger.


There was an error in this gadget

The Lily Diaries

The Adventures of Brookie Bear

It's A Baby, Baby!

Random Posts

Recent Posts

Recent in Sports

Header Ads

Popular Posts